Established in early 1900 with Dept @ 105 E. Pine.
Equipment - Hose cart and hand pumper.
- 1914 - Traded hose cart in for a 1914 500 GPM ALF pumper.
- 1915 - Motion passed at Village Council to make FD a part of City Government.
- 1915 - Ordinance 80 passed by Village council making FD a City Dept.
- 1918 - Second pumper purchased form ALF Co. for $6450.00.
- 1923 - P.A. Hughes elected For Chief by volunteer Firemen present. Served as Chief until 1925.
1925 - CG sage elected Chief. Jack Noyes Asst Chief, GC Morgan
- Station Captain at duties to stay @ FD, maintain equipment, drive fire truck to fires-salary $125/ mo.
- 1930 - DFD hosted NM Firemen's Association Convention in Deming.
- 1931 - Henry Raithel elected Chief, otherwise officers remained the same.
- 1934 - WM Allbee elected Chief, otherwise same.
- 1937 - Purchased 500 single jacket UL approved fire hose @ $.60/ft.
1938 - S.M. calkins elected Chief, Jack Noyes reelected, George Morgan elected.
- station Captain replacing G.C. Morgan
- 1939 - FD move to 109 E Pine St.
- 1942 - President, Treasurer and Secretary All reelected.
- 1946 - Chief Calking resigned.
1946 - Reorganization of FD.
- New Chief to receive $50/mo salary.
- Recommendation for trained fire Chief.
- Danny Simonds elected Chief.
- 1946 - Purchase of 3rd ALF pumper-$9,000.00.
1957 - FD moved to present location, 309 S Gold.
- Triple combination Mack purchased for $18,000.
- 1961 - Fred Rossiter hired to replace an ill Captain Williams as a full time firefighter.
- 1961 - Albert Scott hired and work week cut to 56 hr/wk.
1962 - Established file system, reporting system, training program order
- of Class A pumper to replace 1946 ALF.
1963 - Officer training program established.
- Seagrave triple combination pumper delivered.
- Began in service testing of hose and pumper.
- Agreement at Luna Co. for fire protection.
- 1964 - Hydrant records and color coding began.
- 1965 - 1st Fire Prevention Officer, year round fire prevention program established.
- 1966 - Attained class 6 ranking from Mountain states Inspection Bureau.
- 1967 - Fred Rossiter appointed Chief.
- 1968 - Ordered triple combination pumper for use in County. Water system attained a Class 4 rating, considered one of the best in the state.
This page is still under construction & will be updated.